Before hiring an IT Consulting Firm, ask these questions to be sure they’re a good fit for you, your team, and the company culture. If you’re running a hospital, you need a team that is available at all hours of the day and night, including holidays and weekends. If your team asks a lot of questions, you need an IT consulting firm that is willing to take those calls and answer those questions. (We should all be like this, but some firms are not and that makes a difference!)
Questions to Ask Before Hiring an IT Consulting Firm
Think of the process as if you were hiring an employee. Ask questions. Listen to answers. Be aware of what you and your team want, and need, from an IT Consulting firm. Before signing the contract, make sure you understand their scope of work, cost, and scalability.
- Are you collaborative? At TekConcierge, we pride ourselves on being collaborative while providing the best service to all our clients. When you partner with us, you’re partnering with a collaborative and communicative group of experienced professionals.
- When are you available? Don’t get left out in the cold when there is a breach of security, the website goes down, or you need a new workstation. Make sure the IT consulting firm you hire is ready for your tech questions at any time. The TekConcierge help desk is available and we are constantly monitoring. Even when you’re away from the office, we’re working hard to make sure systems are secure.
- What is included in the services? This is especially important if your business needs a specific task or project that needs to be addressed. Don’t assume that a particular service is included, like moving from servers to Cloud Services, and then find out that is outside the scope of the contract.
- What is the cost? You need to know this so you can budget for the cost of IT Consulting services. At TekConcierge, we never send a surprise invoice. Our monthly flat rate fees mean that your employees can call us when they need us without you having to worry about added fees.
- Can IT Consulting services scale with my business? For accounting firms and other financial providers, there are busy seasons and less busy. The technology needs to scale with the business. When you talk to IT consulting firms, ask specifics about scalability for your business. If you’re adding architecture or engineering software that in and of itself takes up space in the cloud or server, they’d want to know so they can plan.